Das Blog
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
  Daily Complaint: The Weather
How can you people *live* here? Every day the same thing. Day in, day out.

Before I moved here I researched the climate a little. 'Little' being the operative word. In my limited research I found Cologne has nearly identical yearly precipitation as Washington DC, and I thought "oh, that's not that bad." What I didn't know was, as opposed to Washington where most of the rain accumulates from 1/2 hour summer thunderstorms dropping a dramatic amount of rain in a short time, in Cologne it's more dispersed.

A lot more dispersed. Like dispersed over 360 days a year falling mostly all day in some form of either drizzle, mist, or shower. We do have, intermittently and unpredictably, windows of clear sky in between the showers. But by the time I notice them they're over, often as soon as you turn away from the window.

Ok, so I'm a big complainer, and in DC I constantly complained about the heat and humidity and the OPRESSIVE sun pounding down on me all summer. And I still hate that. But at least you get some second hand vitaminD to combat the depression. Here it's reason #2 of why everyone (including me) is so cranky, unfriendly and never smiles. At least I won't get wrinkles from smiling or sun damage.
 
Comments:
not even the ridiculous chocolate quantities are worth it?
n
 
we're having a weird may heat wave at the moment, so cologne doesn't sound so bad. it hit 95 yesterday.
 
Utah football dropped 10 spots to No. 21 in the AP Top 25 NFL Jerseys and nine spots to No. 20 in the coaches poll after the team's 30-28 loss to Oregon Saturday. The christian louboutin shoes Utes were the biggest nfl jerseys store fallers in both polls this week, ranked behind fellow Pac-12 teams Washington (No. 5 in coaches poll, No. 6 in AP Top 25), Colorado (No. 9 in both louboutin outlet polls), USC (No. 12 in both polls), and ahead of Washington State (No. Nike Free Run 23 Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes in Nike Roshe Run both polls). The top five of the coaches poll shifted, Alabama remaining at No. 1 and wholesale nfl jerseys Ohio State at Nike Air Max 90 No. 2 followed by Clemson, Michigan and Washington. Alabama and Ohio State remained at No. 1 cheap nfl jerseys and No. 2 in the AP Top 25, followed by No. 3 Michigan, No. 4 Clemson christian louboutin uk and No. 5 Wisconsin.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Köln, Nordrhein Westfalen, Germany

Washingtonian living in Germany, which is really cute (except when it's not.)

I tend to get cranky very easily. And I'm a BIG complainer. Consider yourself warned.

Currently reading: The Information by Martin Amis
Just finished: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Back to the Regular Complaining
Lord Malte von Putbus
Vacation: More of This (nudity)
They're Writing This Stuff for Me
News Flash: Germans Named Europe's "Least Friendly"
Daily Complaint: The Weather
Nice Haystacks
Sunday Brunch Das Blog Style
Suburban White Middle Class Guilt
Lord Vader's Handicapped Parking Space
Homer-esque Fantasy
Blog on Blog Action
More Funny Names
Animal Shelter: Day One
Nude Shower Scene
Funny Names
Speaking of Cake...
World Class B.O.
Me Walk Pretty One Day

Archives
March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 /


Powered by Blogger


Who links to me?