Das Blog
Thursday, August 31, 2006
  Addictive Oxfam Find
One of the reasons I haven't been posting for so long is this brand new, completely unused, and utterly addictive find from the Oxfam store: When I first picked it up I thought it was just a cartoon book from the NY Times, and was thrilled! Then I saw it was cartoons and *puzzles* and thought 'uhhh, well guess I'll get it anyway,' it still had some cartoons.

But from the moment I got home and openend it I could not put it down. I stayed up way to late doing crosswords and agonized over fill in the blanks.

But finally I've finished it. And now I'm in withdrawl.


 
Comments:
reminds me of Elaine and her pig cartoon for the new yorker :)
n
 
awesome cartoon. just watched that movie recently. germans may be cold and unfriendly, but they are so good with the expressionism.
 
Thanks for appreciating the cartoon, Tiara, I think it was the most clever and funny in the book. And YES there is the German Expressionism to be thankful for, and lucky me we have one of the best and largest collections in Germany right here in cologne: the Museum Ludwig. This deserves its own post!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Köln, Nordrhein Westfalen, Germany

Washingtonian living in Germany, which is really cute (except when it's not.)

I tend to get cranky very easily. And I'm a BIG complainer. Consider yourself warned.

Currently reading: The Information by Martin Amis
Just finished: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Back to the Regular Complaining
Lord Malte von Putbus
Vacation: More of This (nudity)
They're Writing This Stuff for Me
News Flash: Germans Named Europe's "Least Friendly"
Daily Complaint: The Weather
Nice Haystacks
Sunday Brunch Das Blog Style
Suburban White Middle Class Guilt
Lord Vader's Handicapped Parking Space
Homer-esque Fantasy
Blog on Blog Action
More Funny Names
Animal Shelter: Day One
Nude Shower Scene
Funny Names
Speaking of Cake...
World Class B.O.
Me Walk Pretty One Day

Archives
March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 /


Powered by Blogger


Who links to me?